Google Analytics

Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 2B: The Prescott Five


Hey Social Crafties! This post, we will look at five business websites and check out the social media they are using.
 
My husband wants to retire in Prescott, AZ. I'm not ready to retire so I may get started as a Digital Media Consultant in that town. Let's look at a few businesses and see if they have an integrated marketing presence on the internet. That is, do they present their consistently on all platforms.

Prescott is an "artsy" town and attracts all kinds of artists and appreciaters of art. Below is an analysis of an art gallery and an art supply store.


Both had pretty decent web sites, but were lagging on social networks and didn't have their social pages linked. Well, "The Art Store" had facebook linked but that is all. I feel that both these businesses could do well on Instagram and Pinterest because of the very visual nature of their products.

Next, we'll go antiquing because I just love the look of old-fashiond things. Still, I am a 21st Century kind of gal and I figure at some point I'll need a device or computer fixed.  


Prescott Downtown Antiques had a cute website, but the links didn't work right, so no credit for linking there. They seemed to keep up facebook, but let the others lag. 

Tri City Computers - here's a business I expected to shine. The first devastating blow was a really terrible website.  Actually, the worst one of the five I investigated. They have some interest in social media, but haven't been keeping it up. I will give them a break, though. It seems the business changed owners lately and is under new management. Hope they manage to do better.

And now... ladies and gentlemen... I would like to announce the all out winner of the Prescott Five.

Drum roll, please...

Prescott Junction Restaurant!   

<crowd cheers, wave begins>   


No, they weren't perfect, but you should see their feed on facebook and twitter! It is fun and engaging and, well, I want to go eat there, and isn't that the point?

Well, businesses of Prescott generally need a Digital Consultant. Maybe I'll find a home there, someday.

Now, I understand that it isn't easy to keep up your social media pages. I do recommend keeping them limited to 2 or 3 and making a committment to keeping them up. I use an awesome tool called Hootsuite. See print-screen below. 

I can create 1 post and send it to facebook, twitter, google+, instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and I don't know what else! One post across a whole network of pages! It costs about $15 dollars a month, but the time I save is so valuable. If you've got a business with a few social media pages, you gotta try it!




Last, but not least, my classmates are doing an awesome job. I posted comments in the following posts: 
Teressa Bartley

Laira Ellis

Adrian Mandujano

  




No comments:

Post a Comment